- Fill a bowl with water and lemon juice. Add the artichokes to the lemon water as you work.
- Cut off the top quarter of the artichokes, about 1 inch. Remove and discard the first 3 to 4 layers of dark green outer leaves. Trim the stems, then peel away the woody part of the stems. Slice the artichokes in half lengthwise. Use a small spoon to remove the choke from each half as its non-edible. Leave the artichokes in the lemon water until you’re ready to use them.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Brush a medium baking sheet with Canola oil. Drain the artichokes and lemons and put onto the baking sheet along with the cherry tomatoes with
more canola oil and salt and pepper. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until the leaves are tender
and browned and tomatoes roasted.
- In a small pot over medium heat add the balsamic vinegar and continue to heat and reduce until thickened approximately 15 minutes or so.
- In a small bowl mash up the roasted cherry tomatoes and use a fork to spread onto the toasts.
- Top with roasted artichoke leaves, balsamic reduction, Parmesan Reggiano, fresh mint and basil.
Join the conversation