Add some sweetness to your plate with these mouthwatering braised and glazed carrots! Cookbook author Claire Tansey is back with another delicious creation—this time it’s a sweet side dish that you can prepare in seconds using ingredients you probably already have in your cupboards. These carrots pair perfectly with Claire’s French lemon chicken, or with any of your favourite weeknight meals.
- 4-5 large carrots peeled, cut into coins
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 1/3 cup chicken broth or water
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley chopped (optional)
- Combine the carrots, broth or water, butter, honey and salt in a medium pot.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, for 7 – 8 minutes or until tender crisp.
- Remove the lid and cook for another 2 minutes or so, until the sauce reduces to a glaze.
- Sprinkle with parsley (optional).
Join the conversation
What do you think?
Hide the conversation