- 1/4 cup unsalted butter melted
- 1 cup Spanish onion peeled, diced
- 1 cup peeled and diced white onion
- 1 cup diced fennel
- 1 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp fresh, cracked black pepper
- 5 cloves peeled and pureed garlic
- 1/2 cup dried apricots chopped
- 1 granny smith apple cored, roughly diced
- 1 honey crisp apple cored, roughly diced
- 1 tsp fresh thyme
- 1 1/2 cups low sodium chicken stock
- 1 tbsp finely sliced sage fresh
- 1 tbsp fresh, flat parsley roughly chopped
- 2 cut into 1" cubes baguettes
- 2 large eggs
- 12 finely sliced chives
- Pre-heat oven to 400F. Butter a 9 x 13-inch baking dish.
- Melt butter on medium heat in a large sauté pan or pot. Add white onions, Spanish onions, fennel, salt and pepper. Sauté until golden brown, about 7-10 minutes. Add garlic and cook, stirring, for 10-15 seconds. Tip all ingredients into a large mixing bowl.
- To the bowl add chopped apricots, granny smith apples, honey crisp apples, chicken stock, sage, parsley, bread cubes and eggs. Mix well to combine. Transfer stuffing mixture to prepared baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, for 30 minutes, until top is golden brown and bread is tender. Let cool slightly. Sprinkle with chives before serving.
Join the conversation