Subscribe to Cityline on YouTube.
Shop Cityline on Amazon.
This salad is the perfect summer side dish to enjoy with the sunny weather!
Chef Trevor Lui shared his recipe for a layered “Double Happiness” Salad that is sure to leave you and your tastebuds happy after every bite! To upgrade this side dish to an entrée, add a protein of your choice (Chicken Satay Skewers are great!).
- 1/2 medium sized cucumber, julienned
- 1 large carrot, shaved or julienned
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 stalk Chinese celery, julienned
- 1 cup chopped napa cabbage
- 2 radishes, sliced round
- 1 stalk green onion (white and green parts), julienned
- 2 full sprigs mint with stems removed
- 3 full sprigs chopped cilantro
- 1/3 cup micro daikon mustard greens
- 1/2 cup unsalted cashews
- 1 tsp toasted sesame seeds
- 1/3 cup julienned wonton skins, fried
- 3 tbsp fried shallots or onions
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 1 tsp agave
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp light soy sauce or tamari
- Salt and pepper to taste
- For the dressing, combine all ingredients in a bowl and whisk vigorously or blitz with blender/food processor. Chill or leave off to the side.
- Layer salad ingredients in order, building a small triangular shaped salad. Add combination of dried ingredients last. Serve at the table, drizzle salad dressing overtop, and mix thoroughly just prior to serving.
Join the conversation
What do you think?
Hide the conversation