- In a small pot bring water to a boil and add beans in. Blanch until slightly cooked and beans are bright green.
- Beans should be tender and slightly snappy. Remove, rinse in cold water until cool and drain.
- In a large sauté pan or wok, bring burner to high heat. Add canola oil. When oil is hot, add garlic and allow to sweat for 10-15 seconds.
- Next, add beans and continually sauté.
- Add both chili paste and oil along with tamari. Continually sauté toss the pan/wok ensuring beans do not burn.
- Next, add sugar and salt followed by water and repeat sauté/toss. Once beans are fully cooked and thoroughly covered with sauce, remove to serving plate.
Join the conversation