- Place a pot on medium heat and add grapeseed oil.
- Add onions, salt, black pepper and sauté until golden brown.
- Then add mushrooms, garlic, rosemary, thyme and sauté.
- Deglaze with 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar, soy sauce, brown sugar and mix well. Add 1 ½ cups water and simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove rosemary, thyme sprigs and add corn starch, blend sauce until smooth.
- In a large pot suitable for deep frying, fill oil 1/3 the way and heat to 350F.
- Fry French fries until golden brown and transfer to a baking tray lined with paper towel and season with salt.
- Assemble poutine by placing fries down, topping with cheese and covering with gravy. Garnish with chives and serve.
Join the conversation