Taiwanese Anchovy Bar Snacks
Blistered Shishito Peppers
- In a dehydrator (or air fryer on dehydrate mode), place ½ cup of drained kimchi evenly apart on baking sheet and set on dehydrate (generally overnight). Next day, place kimchi chips into a processor and pulse to a fine salt-like grind. Store in a sealed container.
- Heat oil in a medium pot or sauce pan and place on medium-high heat. When oil has reached maximum heating level, place shishitos into pot (ensure they are not wet). Allow peppers to fry for 2-3 minutes or until they are blistered. Remove and set on cooling rack or drain oil off peppers.
- While hot, place in a stainless mixing bowl and toss with kosher salt. Plate peppers and sprinkle with kimchi dust.
Taiwanese Anchovy Bar Snack
- Rinse anchovies in warm water, leave in a bowl covered overnight to rehydrate.
- In a hot wok or pan, add oil and bring to high heat. Add anchovies to the pan and allow to cook while tossing. Add scallions, chilies and tofu to pan, continue to stir and toss.
- As anchovies begin to crisp, bring the heat down slightly and add soy sauce.
- Stir in peanuts, salt and pepper and toss contents in pan thoroughly.
- Allow to cool and serve in bowl alongside your favourite cold refreshments.
Join the conversation