- Preheat oven to 425F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or foil.
- Stir flours with currants, caraway seeds, soda and salt in a large bowl.
- Stir molasses with 1 tbsp hot water in a measuring cup.
- Add buttermilk and stir until just combined.
- Turn out onto a lightly floured surface and shape into a ball without kneading.
- Transfer to prepared sheet and pat into a 6-in. circle.
- Cut a ½-in. Deep cross into the top of the bread. Bake 15 min.
- Reduce oven to 375F. Bake another 30 to 35 min or until golden brown.
- Transfer to a rack and cool at least 30 min before slicing.
Join the conversation