- 2 large pitted and mashed avocados
- 4 finely chopped sprigs fresh cilantro
- 1/2 seeded and finely diced jalapeño
- 1/4 medium red onion
- 1 tsp cumin
- 2 fresh squeezed limes
- 1 cup (coating/ dredging) chickpea flour
- 2 for dredging eggs
- 8 fresh baked and finely crushed for coating corn tortillas
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 2 cups light shallow frying canola oil
- To make the guacamole using a medium bowl, add the Avocado, parsley, jalapeño, red onion, cumin, fresh lime juice and mix well to fully combine.
- On a clean working surface, with clean hands take just over a tbsp of guacamole and roll into a firm formed ball. Continue to roll all the guacamole into balls. Wrap tightly each ball with cling wrap to keep formed and place in the freezer for 45 minutes to 1 hour to set. Lastly Combine the ketchup and mayo together to make the Salsa Rosa dip.
- Prepare to fry, Using a medium sized deep pot, add the Canola Oil to heat over medium to high to a temperature of 350F (176c)
- While the oil is heating, dredge your guacamole balls. Using 3 bowls, one ball at a time, first roll the ball in flour, fully cover and then egg and then lastly into crushed tortillas. Ensuring to fully coat and cover each ball.
- When oil reaches correct temperature, working in small batches to not over crowd the pot. Carefully lower balls into the hot oil. Lightly fry for 2-3 minutes or until they are crisp and golden brown.
- Carefully remove from the pot and place onto paper lined plate. Serve immediately while hot with the Salsa Rosa Dip!
Join the conversation