- Slice eggplant in half, and roast in 400F oven for approximately 45 minutes, or until soft.
- Allow to cool slightly, then scoop out inside of eggplant, leaving the skin behind.
- In a blender or food processor, combine eggplant and remaining ingredients, except oil and mint until smooth. The mixture will be somewhat thick. Slowly incorporate the olive oil until well mixed.
- Garnish fresh chopped mint
*If you want to level up your Baba Ganoush, try it with a DIY veggie garden platter!
What you’ll need:
- 6 slices of pumpernickel bread
- 1 cup of kalamata olives
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup roasted almonds
- 1/4 cup dried porcini mushrooms
- Cleaned heirloom carrots
- A bunch of radishes, trimmed and cut in half
- Cauliflower cut into small florets
- Cherry tomatoes
1. Place all ingredients except the fresh veggies (carrots, radishes, cauliflower, tomatoes) into a food processor and blitz until the mixture has blended and has a dirt feel and look type of consistency.
2. Using the large serving platter carefully place all the “edible dirt” on it laying it flat to look like soil.
3. Place the veggies into the soil as if they were growing from it.
4. Dip veggies into your dip!
Join the conversation