- Cook sweet potato by preheating the oven to 425°F. Prick sweet potato with a fork all over and place on a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil. Roast for 40 minutes or until the sweet potato is easily pricked with a fork. Once cooked, scoop out the flesh.
- Next, in a mason jar add the milk, chia seeds, vanilla and maple syrup and shake well to break up any clumps of chia seeds. Refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight.
- To a food processor or blender add mashed sweet potato, spices and ginger and blend together until thoroughly mixed. If the mixture is thick, add a little water to thin.
- Once the chia seed pudding is ready, in a glass layer the sweet potato mixture with the chia seed mixture
- Top with shredded coconut and nuts if using and enjoy!
Join the conversation