It’s that time of year when all of our favourite sports teams are ramping up again. Today I want us to remember the good times by celebrating the 2019 Raptors NBA championship with the ultimate chips and dip.
- 2 1/2 cups (600 mL) canola oil
- 10 5-inch corn tortillas cut into 6 equal wedges
- salt to taste
- 3 tbsp. (45 mL) sriracha
- 1 tbsp. (15 mL) local honey
- 2 spring onions chopped
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) kimchi finely chopped
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) queso fresco crumbled
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) cotija cheese crumbled
- 5 oz 142 g Bulgogi Beef
- 1 tbsp. (15 mL) crispy shallots
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) cilantro coarsely chopped for garnish
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) Guacamame to serve
- salsa picante to serve
- 2 lime wedges to serve
- Heat oil in a medium saucepan over high heat to a temperature of 400°F
- Gently lower in tortillas, using a metal slotted spoon on spider and working in batches to avoid overcrowding, and deep-fry for 4–5 minutes, until crisp and golden.
- Transfer to a plate lined with a paper towel to drain, then season with salt.
- Combine Sriracha and honey in a small bowl.
- Spread out half the tortilla chips on a large platter.
- Drizzle half with the lime crema, then with the Sriracha mixture.
- Garnish with half the spring onions, half the kimchi, and half of both kinds of cheese.
- Create a second layer with the remaining chips and top with bulgogi beef.
- Scatter remaining kimchi overtop, then drizzle with the lime crema and the Sriracha mixture.
- Scatter with the remaining cheeses and spring onions, and crispy shallots.
- Garnish with cilantro. Serve with guacamame, salsa Picante, and lime wedges.
Join the conversation