Photo opportunity alert! These three mini DIY projects will add tons of Insta-worthy elements to your next party.
1. LIGHT-UP HULA HOOPS
- Spray paint hula hoops in multiple sizes and allow them to dry.
- Wrap solar string lights around the hula hoops, taping both ends to keep them in place.
- Hang the hula hoops and hide the solar panel boxes, making sure to overlap the hoops and vary each hoop’s height for added interest.
- Adorn the wall behind the hula hoops with your party theme image.
- Tip: If you want the lights to remain on during the day, cover the solar panel with paper and tape.
2. CUSTOM DESSERT DECORATIONS
- Dress up your desserts with your party’s theme image and colour, using cardstock, painted objects, and toothpicks and bamboo skewers.
3. GLOW-IN-THE-DARK JARS
- Creatively paint decorative jars with glow-in-the-dark paint. (Hint: Lots and lots of small dots will give a fun, firefly effect.) If you can’t find glow-in-the-dark paint that matches your party’s main colour, create it by mixing regular glow-in-the-dark paint with food colouring or a touch of another paint colour.
- Tip: Keep a battery-operated tea light inside the jar during the day to match the lights throughout the rest of the party.
Join the conversation