- Half pck (454g pkg) PC Farfalle pasta
- 1 cup (250mL) frozen PC small sweet peas
- 3 slices PC prosciutto boneless & skinless dry cured ham
- 1 pkg (300g) PC steam-cooked sliced golden beets patted dry and halved
- 1 pkg (225g) PC grape tomatoes halved
- 1 bunch watercress trimmed (about 2 cups lightly packed)
- Half red onion thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup (125mL) PC green goddess dressing
- 2 tbsp (25mL) fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup (125mL) shaved PC splendido parmigiano reggiano cheese
- Pinch (0.5mL) each salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Bring 4 L (16 cups) salted water to a rapid boil in large saucepan. Add pasta. Stir occasionally until water returns to a boil. Cook until al dente or tender but firm, 11 to 12 minutes, adding peas in final 2 to 3 minutes of cooking. Drain and rinse under cold water until chilled; drain well.
- Meanwhile, arrange prosciutto in single layer in nonstick skillet; heat over medium heat. Cook, turning once, until crispy and browned, about 4 minutes. Transfer to paper towel-lined plate. Cut or break into 1-inch (2.5 cm) pieces. Set aside.
- Combine pasta mixture, beets, tomatoes, watercress, red onion, dressing, lemon juice, half of the Parmigiano-Reggiano, salt and pepper in large bowl. Stir gently to coat. Sprinkle with prosciutto and remaining Parmigiano-Reggiano.
- Chef’s Tip: Substitute fusilli or orecchiette for the farfalle.
Join the conversation