Heat things up in your kitchen with these tech savvy trends to look for in 2021!
1. Cooking appliance game-changer: Thermomix TM6
Super popular with chefs and home cooks – the Thermomix is a common appliance in many parts of the world (in Europe, UK and Australia for example, it’s as common as a toaster in the kitchen.) It’s been in North America for a few years but the latest digital model is making it more popular – especially since the pandemic with more people cooking at home (and it’s ability to do many things makes it attractive to those with small spaces.)
- Thermomix® TM6, a revolutionary kitchen appliance that delivers a state-of- the-art cooking experience.
- Wi-Fi-connected, The Thermomix TM6 can perform up to 24 different functions and techniques in one digitally powered countertop appliance: cook, blend, steam, sous-vide, egg boiler, pre-clean, chop, knead, mill, sauté & more – all with the touch of a button!
- The Thermomix TM6 retails at $2,099 CND and is available for purchase directly through thermomix.ca. You can book a virtual demo with a local Thermomix expert to see how it can expand your culinary options.
- Cookidoo, Thermomix’s robust recipe platform of more than 50,000 guided cooking recipes, broken down step-by-step, developed by Thermomix test kitchens and top chefs from around the world.
- Cookidoo is also accessible via App to plan meals while on the go
- In 2021, Thermomix celebrates its 50th anniversary
- Widely used in more than 10 million kitchens worldwide
- German engineered and manufactured
- All Thermomix purchases include hassle-free Get Cooking services provided by expert Thermomix consultants.
2. Cooking tool with added health benefits: Lucky Iron Fish
Cooking more of our meals means having the added control of knowing what’s in our food. Lucky Iron Fish is a simple tool that naturally adds iron to your favourite dishes.
- Safe for the whole family, it’s particularly ideal for women, vegans, athletes and anyone suffering from iron deficiency.
- Now that we make more of our own meals, it’s easy to add to any cooking liquid (soup, stew, curries).
- A portion of every sale helps undernourished families around the world consume iron more easily.
- Lucky Iron Fish is a social enterprise company on a mission to make it easier for families to get their recommended dosage of iron.
- Lucky Iron Fish was started by CEO Gavin Armstrong when he was studying at the University of Guelph based on research by Canadian Christopher Charles. Gavin was named to Forbes’ 30 Under 30 for his research on anemia and iron deficiency.
- The Lucky Iron Fish Project was formed to develop the iron fish on a larger scale, promote them among rural areas and distribute them to non-governmental organization partners.
3. The healthy cooking oil to add to your pantry: Chosen Foods avocado oil and dressings/marinades
We’ve seen how different cooking oils have become popular (ie: olive, coconut, ghee) and we’ll see an upward trend in the popularity of avocado oil and avocado oil-based dressings and marinades that are new to Canada and will make meal prep as easy as opening a bottle. Available to purchase here.
- Avocado oil has a high smoke point meaning you can cook at a higher temperature and a neutral flavour so it’s perfect for cooking and baking.
- Chosen Foods is the leading producer of 100% avocado oil and creator of avocado-inspired cooking sprays, mayos and dressings. They work with over 1000 farmers to grow more than 350 million avocados per year.
- A new line of dressings/marinades: The Goddess line are all tahini based and made with avocado oil. Add a punch of flavour to your salads and bowls and reinvent your favourite proteins by using it as a marinade.
4. Hot sauce – the all-purpose condiment: Top Shelf Front Street Heat Hot Sauce
Front St. Heat is: uniquely based with Red Roasted Pepper rather than vinegar. It is sweetened by honey and preserved with lime juice. This combination gives it a thicker consistency and a pleasant amount of heat which makes it so versatile and should be placed on your top shelf ready to be paired with everything!
- It’s a hot sauce you will want to try as it’s made with premium natural ingredients – also gluten free, sulphite free and low sodium. A great healthy sauce swap!
- Company is based in Sarnia, Ontario
5. Making your favourite Indian dishes at home with a little help: Arvinda’s Indian spices and blends
A family owned company named after the mom – Arvinda Chauhan who has been teaching Indian cooking since 1993 in the GTA. Our line of authentic, family derived Indian spice blends known as masalas) helps cooks prepare healthy, delicious and truly authentic Indian meals at home with ease. Available to purchase here.
- Arvinda’s removes the guesswork of roasting, grinding and blending spices. A delicious savoury curry is just a tablespoon away.
- With blends to make butter chicken, channa masala, saag paneer and more – there are many ways to use Arvinda’s blends as a rub or marinade.
- Easy recipes can be found on their website to make cooking Indian easy and accessible for all home cooks.
Join the conversation