Sweater weather is upon us, and we want all of you to be prepared! So, here are the hottest knitwear trends of the season.
Trend #1: The Sweater Vest
- The sleeveless sweater trend is taking over but they’re so much cooler than they were in the 90s
- On the runways, we’ve seen tailored vests, sleeveless jackets and of course sweater vests!
- We’re seeing celebs and influencers rocking the trend (Harry Styles is a big fan!)
- They come in a variety of shapes and patterns (cropped or long / v-necks, crewnecks, turtlenecks)
- Gives any outfit a cool, preppy vibe
- The most popular way to wear it is with a white button-down, but they look well layered over turtlenecks and t-shirts, and can even be worn on their own
Trend #2: The Knit Set
- Co-ords have been big throughout the pandemic and matching knit sets have been one of the trends we’ve seen most often.
- Knit sets are amazing because they’re so versatile – it takes the guesswork out of getting dressed because you already have a built-in outfit OR you can wear each piece separately
- We’re seeing the top and pant sets, cardigan and dress sets, the possibilities are endless
- Cozy and works for many ages and body types
Trend #3: The Cable Knit Sweater
- Cable knit is popular with fishermen, but it can also look chic!
- We’re seeing cropped and oversized versions, cable knit vests and cardigans, and lots of bold colours
- Super warm and cozy!
- A great way to add texture to your outfit
- In 2021, a cable knit sweater can be less of a classic staple and more of a statement piece
- They can sometimes appear bulky, so you pay attention to your proportions when styling!
Trend #4: The Knit Dress
- The pandemic made us prioritize comfortable clothes, and a knit dress is a great way to stay comfy when heading back into the office
- Again, very versatile! Looks amazing styled with sneakers, boots, AND heels
- Structured and bodycon is the way to go for knit dresses
- It’s a great option for women of all sizes because it stretches to fit your shape (also a great option for maternity wear!)
- To make the trend even bolder, opt for a knit dress in a statement colour or one with details
like a slit or cut-outs
Trend #5: The Knit Bralette
- Bra tops have been trending on Instagram and have been all over the runways
- No one likes real bras anymore, so why not opt for something soft and cozy instead?
- A great piece that can be dressed up for a night out, worn casually with jeans or used as loungewear
- They can be worn as part of a set or on their own
Outfit: I’ve paired a knit bra with a menswear-inspired suit. A small feminine top works really well with
an oversized, masculine suit. The shirt is obviously very cropped, so I like to wear it with high-waisted pants which allow you to give a little peek of collarbone and midriff. If you’re a little worried about wearing something so cropped, you can swap the bra top for a fitted knit tank top.
Join the conversation