Morning routines are interesting, everyone has a very distinct routine. Jim Kwik, a brain coach developed something called the Billion Dollar Routine after speaking with athletes, CEOs and executives. His morning routine has 14 steps for you to accomplish before you start your day, and a lot of successful people and celebrities swear by it.
Now 14 is a lot, but you know you can modify this routine and make it fit your life.
1. Wake up early: A benefit to waking up early is reduced stress because there is not a rush throughout your morning.
2. Recall your dreams: Recall your Dreams: Recalling your dreams allows you to process your subconscious thoughts and allows the opportunity to be mindful and focus on the self.
3. Make your bed: Making your bed is a great way to complete a task first thing in the morning! It can set you up for success!
4. Drink a glass of water: Drink a Glass of Water: A great way to start your morning, and to ensure you stay hydrated throughout the day.
5. Take vitamins: Vitamins ensure that we provide our body with essential nutrients that we might not receive from food.
6. Meditation: Meditation is the practice of spending time with mental calm. Studies have shown it can improve mental health and clarity and allow you to check-in with your body’s internal needs.
7. Exercise: Exercise is pivotal for a happy heart and good health. Many billionaires prefer to exercise in the morning can help keep stress levels down throughout the day.
8. Take a cold shower: Taking a cold shower can be beneficial because it activates your neurons and promotes good circulation. As we approach the summer months, maybe consider trying a cold shower!
9. Make tea: Your morning beverage is ritualistic. Consider tea as a great way to stimulate your senses whilst not exhausting your adrenal glands from caffeine.
10. Write in Your Journal: Writing in your journal provides another wonderful opportunity to check in with yourself, see where your stressors are and how to navigate them.
11. Create a to-do, to feel, and to be list: Planning and to-do lists are essential. Studies show that when you write things down you are more likely to complete them. Moreover, lists can keep you organized throughout the day. Therefore, Kwik recommends also writing a “to feel” and “to be” list. He uses the metaphor to be a thermostat, not a thermometer. A thermometer reacts and changes to its environment. In comparison, a thermostat is set in advance. Consider using this mindset to be active in what you want to feel and who you want to be.
12. Read: Studies have shown that reading after exercising is optimal because your brain is more stimulated.
13. Make a smoothie: Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, and a smoothie provides the opportunity to get numerous nutrients from fruits, vegetables, protein in fibre all in one meal!
14. Start your day: Finally, after you have completed these tasks, there is no doubt that you will feel accomplished! The idea is to set your day so that you are continuously productive!
I’ve also got some trendy self-care habits for you to try and add to your routine!
1. The Charcoal Trend:
- Gwyneth Paltrow drinks it, and it has health and beauty benefits
- Charcoal face masks, drinks, toothpaste
Charcoal Lemonade Recipe:
- 1/4 tsp of activated charcoal
- 4 cups of water
- 2 lemons juiced
- 2-4 tbsp of maple syrup
- served over ice
Drink this once a week!
2. Facial Exercises:
Meghan Markle has an esthetician that sculpts her face during facial treatments with facial exercises. This is something you can do yourself! We’ve seen the trend of face rollers and gua sha which really help to wake you up in the morning. It is also important when you use a facial roller or gua sha to use face oil such as vitamin c.
Here is an exercise to try as an alternative to the eyebrow lift
- Place your index fingers under each eye
- hide your teeth and form an “O” shape with your mouth
- Now look up at the ceiling and flutter your eyelids for 30 seconds
3. Body Sculpting:
Every day Britney Spears does 500 sit-ups, on a good day she does 1000. Now if you don’t have time for 1000 sit-ups a day, you do what a busy woman like Kim Kardashian does which is Emsculpt. Drew Barrymore is a fan of Emsculpt for medical reasons.
The ancient Asian technique uses suction cups to allegedly help with pain, back problems and other aches. Perhaps one of the most notable athletes to sport the signature cupping marks is Michael Phelps.
You can do cupping as part of your routine at home with a cupping set. I got this one from Province Apothecary, and while cupping is great for your body, you can also do facial cupping. It helps to loosen our tightened muscles, you know if you carry stress in your jaw or forehead, this will help so much!
All of our product suggestions are independently researched and sourced by Cityline. However, if you purchase something through cityline.tv, we may earn commission. Thanks for visiting us!