The Roaring 20s are back in a BIG way, especially when it comes to fashion. There’s a renewed excitement in the air for getting dressed up again, women are craving fantasy and optimism in fashion and there’s a buzz in the air about another round of the “Roaring 20s” post-pandemic.
The Fall/Winter runways were showing that hedonistic resurgence and opulence in the form of sequins, embellishments, maximum volume, colour, and rich fabrics.
This is no exception for the holiday party season, with the return of dressing up again suggesting a collective wish for another round of the roaring 20s and a return to wild nights out and opulence in fashion with the “modern 20s” take being wanted for both luxury but also eco-friendly/sustainable options like rentals and second-hand fashion. Consumers are caring where garments and products come from and how they’re made.
Fashion is back and I think we can definitely welcome its energetic and optimistic return.
Occasion 1: Cocktail Holiday Party
- Love this for a cocktail party. Super on trend with the voluminous shoulders and metallic fabric.
- A really fun and fashion-forward option for a holiday party where you want to stand out in the crowd.
- This is a great cocktail dress option for a dressy holiday party, the sequin plaid embellishments on the bodice are so holiday!
- The ruffles in the skirt are giving all the Carrie Bradshaw vibes.
- A very sophisticated and stylish look for a holiday cocktail party or perhaps an NYE wedding.
Occasion 2: Work/ Corporate Holiday Party
- Perfect for a work holiday party.
- A little bit more conservative as it has coverage and the midi length, but still fun and different with these gorgeous floral appliques, beaded embellishments, and emerald-green colour for the holidays.
- Such a flattering silhouette, this can be worn strapless or with straps.
- Fitted in the bodice and a-lines out so easy to wear for a lot of body types.
- Perfect for a company holiday party or if you’re attending a winter wedding.
- We’re seeing a lot of weddings happening around the holiday season so this would be a perfect option for that.
Occasion 3: Holiday Host With The Most
- A very cool look for the holidays, especially if you prefer a pantsuit over a dress.
- Would work for a holiday party or work event.
- Love the shimmery purple/gold fabric. A very fun piece for the holiday season.
- This sequin jumpsuit is everything.
- It’s giving us all the opulence with its rich sequin fabric and voluminous shoulders.
- So glamorous.
- This would be great for a holiday party as a hostess where you truly want to shine, maybe it’s your birthday over this season, or it would be a great one to ring in the New Year.
Occasion 4: Black Tie Event
- For a more formal option, this gown is giving us very 1920s art deco vibes.
- It is so flattering and glam but still provides you great coverage where you want it.
- Who doesn’t love a long-sleeve dress?
- This would be perfect for a more formal holiday party or black-tie event.
- Definitely a nod to the opulent Roaring 20s.
- This one is such a showstopper.
- Great for a formal holiday party or winter wedding.
- It’s actually quite easy to wear even if you’re larger chested as this tulle on the bodice just forms right over the bust.
- The tulle skirt covers things you want to cover and it’s so glamourous and definitely a modern take to the roaring 20s.
All these looks are available to rent at The Fitzroy fitzroyrentals.com. Renting is the perfect option to be able to attain these opulent, “roaring 20s” looks in a more sustainable (and economical) way, they’re all available to rent at fitzroyrentals.com with shipping across Canada or in-store at our Toronto studio
Join the conversation