Whether you’re looking for gift ideas for your makeup-obsessed friends or hunting for new products to add to your stash, we’ve got just the article for you! Here is this year’s round-up of the cult favourite beauty buys that should be on your shopping list. Cult favourites are products that are nostalgic and have changed the beauty game forever, another reason why people love these products so much.
1. The Lipstick That Works For All Skin Tones
- I love Charlotte Tilbury, it is luxurious and works for everyone
- Charlotte Tilbury Pillow Talk Lipstick
- What is key to this lipstick is that even though it’s matte it feels like pillows on your lips
- Inclusive, a cruelty-free line that is very innovative and glam
2. Revolutionized A Category
- There was setting powder before Laura Mercier but it was white and would leave a flashback on camera
- Laura Mercier Setting Powder is a perfect pale yellow and keeps your makeup in place while giving you an airbrushed finish
3. Drugstore Cult Favourite
- This mascara is an all-time drug store favourite
- L’Oreal Voluminous Mascara
- Celebrity fave
4. Industry Icon
- MAC Makeup
- Canadian brand, changed artist culture, created inclusive, innovative products
- MAC StudioFix Powder Foundation, Fix+, Eyeshadows that work on all skin tones, Baked Blushes
- Championed LGBTQ Community and BIPOC first, ie. RuPaul + Recycling Program
- MAC also has some great gift sets that are perfect for the holidays
5. Created A New Category
- Smashbox Primer
- Silicone-based and preps for the foundation.
- This is one of the first products in the entire category.
6. Changed The Way We Do Makeup
- Beauty Blender
- An iconic product that changed the way we do our makeup by using water and the blender to pat down your makeup.
7. First In Class
- NARS is known for its Orgasm line and its multi-stick that is perfect for eyes, lips, and cheeks, and one of the first products in that category.
All of our product suggestions are independently researched and sourced by Cityline. However, if you purchase something through cityline.tv, we may earn commission. Thanks for visiting us!
Join the conversation