- 1 loaf crusty white sour dough bread
- 1/4 cup soft butter
- 2 cups diced butternut squash blanched
- 2 cups diced seeded tomatoes
- 1 cup toasted walnut pieces
- 1 cup finely chopped shallots
- 4 garlic cloves finely minced
- 2 whole red thai chilies cut thin on the bias
- 1/2 bunch fresh basil leaves picked down into small pieces
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup Andrew Peller Signature Sauvignon Blanc
- TT seasalt
- TT ground white pepper
- 2 cups soft goat cheese
- 1 cup 35% cream
- Cut the crusty bread in half lengthwise.
- Toast under a broiler or grill on a BBQ. Then while still warm, spread the butter on the open side and season with course sea salt.
- In a bowl combined the butternut squash, tomato, shallots, garlic, walnuts, chilis, basil leaves, Sauvignon Blanc and extra virgin olive oil.
- Season with salt, pepper to taste and then place on top of the open side of the toasted bread.
- In a bowl combine the soft goat cheese and 35% cream. Then drizzle the goat cheese cream over the bruschetta.
- Place in a 400-degree oven until warm through, place under a broiler to make sure the cheese is melted.
- Garnish with fresh basil and serve.
Join the conversation