- Preheat the oven and put the broiler on high heat.
- On a clean working surface, ideally using gloves, cut the bell peppers in half and removing the seeds and ribs. Creating 2 half’s that you can staff. Place the peppers on a large baking sheet and place under the broiler.
- Broil on high for approx. 5-7 minutes and then flip and broil the other side for 5-7 minutes. Turn off heat in oven and if needed keep peppers inside to warm until needed.
- In a large skillet over medium high heat, add the canola oil and bring to heat.
- Add the onions and green peppers to the hot oil and sauté for 5-7 minutes until soft. Remove from pan until needed.
- In the same hot pan, add the thinly sliced steak and cook for 3-4 minutes or until fully cooked through.
- Add the peppers and onions to the cooked steak. Add the provolone cheese and melt and mix well into the meat mixture.
- To serve, take 1 pepper at a time and spoon in and fill each pepper with the meat mixture. Garnish with cheese wiz just like they do in Philly and enjoy!
Join the conversation