Banana Bourbon Syrup
1) In shallow dish, whisk together eggs, milk, cinnamon and nutmeg.
2) Place coconut in separate shallow dish.
3) Dip each bread slice into egg mixture until well soaked; press into coconut, turning to coat.
4) In large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat; cook bread, in batches and turning once, until crisp and golden, about 6 minutes.
5) Transfer to platter; keep warm.
6) Melt butter over medium heat.
7) Add brown sugar and bananas; cook, turning once, until bananas are light golden but still hold their shape, about 2 minutes.
8) Stir in bourbon; cook until almost no liquid remains, about 2 minutes.
9) Serve over French toast.
Join the conversation