- Preheat your oven to 350 and grease a small spring pan with pam or butter, if you have two of the same size, grease two.
- In one bowl you’ll whisk all your dry ingredients together, flour, baking powder, cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg, ginger and salt. In a separate bowl whisk together sugar, an egg and melted coconut oil.
- Stir in the dry ingredients and gently fold in the carrots. It’s important to use freshly grated carrots instead of the bagged pre-shredded carrots because it makes the cake moister! Pour half of the batter in the pan and bake for 20 minutes, repeat with the second half and let them cool.
- While the cake is baking, grab an electric mixer and whip the softened butter and cream cheese together, add vanilla and icing sugar and beat until combined.
- Chop your walnuts first then lightly toast them on your stovetop, this allows them to get crunchier and raw-ish walnuts on a cake is definitely not ideal!
- Last but not least, ice the bottom layer, then the top and the sides (Pulls finished cake from the fridge). Then sprinkle the walnuts on top!
Join the conversation