- To make the pastry: In a food processor; using the Pulse action, process flour, butter and cream cheese in food processor until mixture is well blended and starts to form a ball. Shape into ball with hands, wrap tightly with plastic wrap. Refrigerate 1 hour or until chilled.
- When the pastry is ready to roll out preheat oven to 375ºF (190°C).
- Roll out pastry on lightly floured surface to ¼-inch/5mm thickness. Cut into 12 rounds with 4- inch/10 cm cutter. Line 12 muffin pan cups with pastry rounds. Place cranberries in muffin cups.
- To make the tarts: Cream butter, add brown sugar and salt and gently beat in. Add egg and beat until well blended.
- Stir in maple syrup and vanilla.
- Fill pastry cups ¾ full with filling mixture.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes until the filling is set and the pastry golden brown.
Protein 3.5 g
Carbohydrates 30.7 g
Fat 14.6 g
Fibre 0.7 g
Sodium 110 mg
Join the conversation