1. Place bananas into the freezer for min 2-3 hours to fully freeze.
2. In a large pot over medium to high heat, combine the apple cider, cinnamon sticks, star anise, 1 cup orange juice, honey, mix well and lay the pears on their side in the liquid to fully cover them.
3. Bring to a boil and lower to a simmer, slowly poaching the pears for 1.5 -2 hours turning them over at the 1 hour mark in order not to burn.
4. When pears are soft and fully poached remove from the liquid to set aside. Bring the cider liquid back up to continue to thicken for approximately 10-15 minutes.
5. When ready to serve using a food processor add the frozen sliced bananas, fresh Vanilla Bean, and butter.
6. Blend together until the mixture looks like soft serve ice cream (approx. 1-2 minutes)
7. To serve, in a small dish lay one poached pear vertically in the dish and drizzle some of the thickened apple cider liquid on it, spoon a big heap of vanilla “nice cream” on the side and grate the 70% cacao overtop of everything!
Join the conversation