Chef Nick Liu shows us how to make this simple, healthy noodle bowl that combines affordable ingredients and tantalizing flavours. Its combination of black garlic and sweet soy sauce is sure to have your tastebuds jumping for joy, while its straightforward steps make it the perfect weeknight recipe. Plus, this noodle bowl is the perfect dish to have some fun with—feel free to add in any of your favourite veggies!
- Strain your noodles in a colander and toss with 1 tablespoon of sesame oil and put aside until needed.
Tip: for best results allow noodles to soak for 10 minutes in boiling water and rinse then soak in cold
water. Do this before preparing the rest of the ingredients for this recipe
- Blend together sweet soy, black garlic and 1/2 cup water. Set aside sauce until needed.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a large non stick pan or wok over high heat. Add the turkey mince to the pan, season
with salt & pepper and fry for 5-10 mins until golden brown and crispy, break up the meat with a
- Add the ginger and garlic to the pan and cook for 1 minute. Add garlic scapes and mushrooms and
cook for an additional 1 minute.
- Add strained noodles to your wok and season with salt & pepper and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add sauce and sauté for another 1-2 minutes, toss well and season to taste.
- Plate on a sharing platter. Optional: garnish with coriander leaves, sliced green onion and your favourite chili sauce and enjoy!!
Join the conversation