For goat cheese
For honey-roasted pecans
- 1 lb bacon
Apple cider vingaigrette
- In a bowl, toss butternut squash with olive oil, sage, thyme, and sea salt.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Roast cubed squash for 15-20 minutes are until golden brown and softened. Let cool.
For goat cheese:
- Remove goat cheese from packaging. Section into 8-10 equal sized rounds (hockey puck shaped). Have three small to medium sized bowls. Put flour in one bowl. Put panko breadcrumbs in one bowl.
- Crack 2 eggs and mix them in the third bowl. In the following order, bread the goat cheese medallions: flour, egg wash, panko breadcrumbs. Make sure each medallion is sufficiently covered.
- Just before plating, heat oil in a sauté pan until almost smoking. Fry goat cheese medallions until golden brown. Place on paper towel and season with salt.
For honey-roasted pecans:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a bowl, mix all ingredients listed above. Be sure each pecan is equally coated in the sticky sugar coating.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Put the coated nuts on the baking sheet and make sure they are spread evenly, without clumping.
- Bake at 350 until bubbling, about 15-20 minutes.
- Let the pecans cool until touching them. Then break them up into individual pieces.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Place bacon on baking sheet in strips. Bake until crispy and golden.
Apple cider vinaigrette:
- Add ingredients into a mixing bowl and mix together until fully emulsified.
- Adjust for seasoning with salt & pepper.
- Add additional honey of you think it should be sweeter, or more balsamic vinegar if you like it tangy.
Join the conversation