Tv host and celebrity chef Lidia Bastianich shares her chicken cacciatore dish from her new cookbook “Lidia’s A Pot, A Pan and A bowl”.
- Season the chicken with 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Heat the oil in a large Dutch oven over medium heat.
- Brown the chicken on all sides, 7 to 8 minutes, and remove it to a plate.
- Add the onion and pepper, and cook until they begin to wilt, 6 to 7 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms, and cook until they begin to soften for about 3 minutes. Season the vegetables with salt.
- Add the wine, and simmer until it’s reduced by half, about 2 minutes. Add the tomatoes and 1 cup of water
- Return the chicken to the pot. Add the oregano, and season with 1 teaspoon salt and a big pinch of peperoncino.
- Simmer, uncovered, until the sauce has thickened and the chicken is tender, about 45 minutes, stirring once or twice throughout the cooking process.
- Stir in the parsley, and serve.
Join the conversation