- In a medium sized pot add chicken and cover just barely with water.
- Bring water to a boil and then reduce to a simmer until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove chicken and save stock.
- Pull chicken into bite sized pieces.
- Add tomatoes, chipotle and oregano into a blender and blend until smooth.
- In a saute pan add oil and cook onions until translucent then add garlic and cook for a couple more minutes.
- Pour in tomato sauce and bring to a boil then simmer.
- Add shredded chicken, cover and allow to simmer for 15 minutes before serving.