Warm up on a chilly fall day with this delicious soup recipe! You’ll definitely be going back for seconds.
- 12 whole Shrimp shell and head on
- 1 400ml can Tomatoes
- 2 cups Water
- 4 cups Chicken or seafood stock
- 3 stalks Lemmongrass smashed
- 3 Shallots sliced
- 4 slices Ginger
- 4 slices Galangal
- 4 Thai chillies
- 6 Garlic cloves smashed
- 6 Kaffir lime leaves
- 6 Coriander stems pick leaves and reserve for garnish
- 1/4 cup Rice wine
- 1/4 cup Fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon Palm sugar
- 1 tablespoon Red shrimp paste
- 2 tablespoon XO Ninjachef secret sauces
- Peel the prawns.
- Place heads and shells in a pot, and reserve shrimp meat for soup assembly.
- Smash the garlic, ginger, galangal, lime leaves, chilli and lemongrass so they burst open to release flavour.
- Add into the pot with the rest of the Tom Yum Broth ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Turn down to a simmer on medium-high heat. 30-40 minutes.
- With a fine strainer – strain the broth into a large bowl then return the broth into the same pot and return to the stove and bring it to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-high heat and add king oyster, tomato, red onion, and coconut milk to the broth and cook for 5-7 minutes.
- Add the shrimp and lime juice and check to season.
- If needed add more sugar and fish sauce.
- Take off the heat and let the shrimp slowly cook in the broth off the heat.
- In 4 bowls ladle 3 shrimps and enough soup to fill the bowl. Garnish with coriander leaves and ENJOY!
Join the conversation