Special tools: baking trays and potato ricer
- Cut tomatoes in half and toss in a bowl with olive oil garlic, salt, pepper, thyme and sugar. Place on baking sheet and bake at 300 F for 3 hours. Remove and let rest.
- Heat oven to 415 F degrees, rub sweet potatoes with olive oil and bake on a baking sheet for an hour or till soft to the touch.
- Let cool and remove skin. Pass through a potato ricer. Add ricotta, egg yolk, salt, pepper and nutmeg. Add 3/4 cup flour and work into a dough. Continue to add the remaining flour, being careful not to overwork. Let rest for 10 minutes.
- Flour a cutting board and cut a piece of dough and roll into 1-inch log. Slice into 1/2-inch gnocchi. Repeat and place gnocchi on a well-floured baking sheet.
- Bring a large pot of water to boil and add gnocchi. Take them out when they float to the top.
- In a large saucepan, heat olive oil and butter to nut brown. Add gnocchi and lightly toast until crispy. Then add tomatoes and plate. Garnish with goat cheese and basil.
Join the conversation