- 1/2 lb wild cod cut into 2" pieces
- 1/2 tsp black mustard seeds
- 1 cup onion diced
- 2 tbsp garlic minced
- 1 tbsp ginger minced
- 1/2 tsp tumeric powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 1/2 tsp kashmiri red chili powder
- 1 tbsp fenugreek leaves
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup water
- 2 green chilies
- 8 curry leaves
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tsp tamarind puree
- 1/4 tsp fresh cracked black pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 2 cups brown rice rinsed and drained
Keralan Fish Curry
- Place a pot on medium heat, add coconut oil.
- Add mustard seeds and curry leaves, allow to sizzle and pop gently.
- Add onions, garlic, ginger, green chilies, salt, pepper and mix well.
- Add turmeric powder, coriander powder, red chili powder and fenugreek leaves.
- Add water, coconut milk and tamarind. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add fish and continue simmering until cooked through, approximately 8-10 minutes.
- Place a large pot of salted water to boil, add rice and cook for 30 minutes, drain and set aside.
Join the conversation