1 hr 15 min
- 5 oz ground pork, turkey or chicken
- 5 tsps soy sauce or tamari
- 3/4 tsp sugar
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 1 tsp seasame oil
- 1 tbsp szechuan peppercorns slightly ground
- 3 tbsps Doubanjiang paste
- 2 tsps chili oil
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 1 lb firm tofu cut into 3/4 inch cubes
- To serve steamed rice
- 1-2 spring onions chopped, to garnish
- 2 bird's eye chilis finely chopped, to garnish
- In a small bowl, combine meat, 1 tsp soy sauce (or tamari), 1/4tsp sugar, and half of the garlic. Cover and refrigerate for 45-60mins.
- Heat canola oil and sesame oils in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add peppercorns, then the remaining garlic.
- Add doubanjiang, chili oil, and stock, stirring until paste is fully dissolved. Add meat and cook for 5-6mins, stirring gently, until cooked through.
- Add the remaining 1/2tsp sugar and 1 tbsp soy sauce and bring mixture to a boil. Stir in tofu and lightly simmer for 2-3 mins, until heated through.
- Transfer to a platter and garnish with spring onions and chiles. Serve with rice
Join the conversation