- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add in the butter until melted.
- Add the mushrooms and cook until the mushrooms begin to brown, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the shallots and garlic and cook for 1 to 2 minutes more until the shallots are softened.
- Add the broth, Marsala, heavy cream, thyme, salt and pepper to the skillet and using a wooden spoon or a spatula, combine the mushrooms with the liquid.
- Bring the liquid to a boil, then reduce the heat to medium and gently simmer the mushroom mixture until the sauce is reduced by about half and slightly thickened – Approximately 8-10 minutes.
Join the conversation