Excerpted from Kosher Style: Over 100 Jewish Recipes for the Modern Cook by Amy Rosen. Copyright © 2019 Amy Rosen. Published by Appetite by Random House®, a division of Penguin Random House Canada Limited. Reproduced by arrangement with the Publisher. All rights reserved.
- Place the vinegar, salt, sugar and water in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Place the prepared onions in a bowl and pour the hot vinegar mixture overtop. Let cool on the counter for 1 hour, then put in the fridge to chill.
- Stir together the mayonnaise, beet horseradish and lemon juice. Cover and refrigerate.
- Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- Line a large rimmed baking sheet with foil or parchment paper. Place the salmon, skin side down, on the baking sheet. Rub with olive oil and sprinkle with Herbes de Provence, salt and pepper.
- Roast the salmon in the preheated oven until just opaque in the center, about 20 minutes. Serve with pickled onions and horseradish sauce on the side.
Join the conversation