- 1 cup of large diced sea bass
- 1 cup of peeled shrimp
- ½ cup of bacon lardoons
- 1 tbsp grape seed oil
- 1 shallot (small brunouise)
- 2 cloves of finely chopped garlic
- 1 tbsp of finely chopped ginger
- 1 tbsp capers
- 1 tsp sumac spice
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup of butter
- 1 whole lemon (zested and juiced)
- 1 whole red pepper (seeded and diced small)
- 1 whole green zucchini (seeded and diced small)
- ½ cup of small chopped green beans
- 1 bunch of asparagus chopped small
- 1 cup of sauvingon blanc wine
- 1 liter of fish stock
- ½ liter of veg stock
- 2 cups of roughly chopped fresh herbs (parsley, tarragon, chives, basil)
- Warm the grape seed oil over medium to high heat. Add the bacon and fry for one minute, and then add the shrimp, sumac and sauté for another minute. Then remove and set aside.
- In the same pan add the butter, shallot, garlic and ginger. Saute with out browning for one minute and then add in the white wine, capers, Dijon mustard. Bring to a simmer and then add the fish stock, veg stock and half of the herbs.
- Bring to a simmer and then add in the lemon zest, juice, red pepper, zucchini, green beans, asparagus. Bring back to a boil and then turn it down to a simmer for 2 minutes.
- Next add in the diced sea bass, sautéed shrimp, bacon and simmer for another 2 minutes. Lastly season with ground pepper, salt and the rest of the herbs. Serve immediately to avoid over cooking the fish.
Join the conversation