- Rinse fish thoroughly and dry off with towel removing excess water.
- In a lipped plate large enough for fish, place evenly ensuring the fish rests fully inside the plate as flat as possible. Garnish fish with half of the ginger root and scallions. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Cover with plastic food wrap and place in steaming pot with high temp water. On high temp, cover steaming pot and steam fish for 8-10minutes (this varies based on size of the fish).
- Turn heat off and remove fish from the pot.
- In a small pan, turn on high heat and add oil to pan. Once the pan is hot, remove pan from the element and add soya sauce.
- Immediately remove food wrap and pour the oil/soy sauce thoroughly over the fish from one end to the next.
- Garnish with the remaining ginger root, green onions and parsley.
Checking to see if your fish is done
Old school doneness can be checked with a simple chopstick; if it can poke through with ease, the fish is fully cooked.
Join the conversation