- 1 tsp sea salt
- 12 black pepper corns
- 2 bay leaves
- 3 sage leaves
- 2 cut lengthwise carrots
- 1 small onion
- 1 cut lengthwise celery stalk
- 1 fresh sprig rosemary
- 1 kg tied with butcher string veal roast
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 cup olive oil
- 150 g strained canned tuna finely chopped
- 2 tbsp chopped capers
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 finely chopped anchovies
- italian parsley
- Place 12 cups of water in a small pot and add the salt, pepper corns, bay, sage, carrots, celery and rosemary. Bring to a boil.
- When the water is boiling, add the veal roast and lower to medium low heat. Cook for approx. 40 minutes (thermometer should read 60 °C [135 °F] in the center). Place veal on a dish, cover with foil and let cool slowly.
- With the help of a slotted spoon, remove the veg from the water and cut in small cubes for garnish.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the mustard and egg yolk. Whisk in the olive oil slowly one drop at a time until you obtain a mayonnaise. Resreve
- In another bowl, combine the tuna, capers, lemon juice and anchovies. Add the mayo to this mixtiure. Season with salt and pepper.
- Once the veal roast is at room temperature, cut it in thin slices and place it on a serving plate. Top with the tuna mayonnaise and garnish with veg, a few capers, fresh parsley and lemon zest.
Join the conversation