2 hrs 15 min
Hot tip: serve this stew with Randy’s pretzel bread bowl.
- Season beef aggressively with salt and pepper and sear in olive oil. Remove when a crust has formed.
- Add butter with flour and toast until you reach a blonde colour.
- Deglaze with red wine, then add stock slowly and tomato purée. Return beef, celery, potatoes, onions and garlic to the pot.
- Simmer for 90 minutes under a closed lid. Add thyme, and adjust seasoning
- Maybe serve with celeriac purée or a really crispy bread bowl.
Join the conversation