- 2 tbsps olive oil
- 1 medium onion diced
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 28 oz peeled tomatoes
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 cup spinach chopped
- 3-5 large eggs
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 small bunch cilantro or parsley chopped
- 1 avocado diced
- TT black pepper
- Start by heating olive oil in a large sauté skillet on medium heat. Add the onion and bell pepper and cook for 5 minutes or until the onion becomes translucent.
- Add garlic and spices and cook for an additional minute.
- Add the can of tomatoes and juice, breaking down the tomatoes with a spoon. Stir in tomato paste and season with salt and pepper and bring the sauce to a simmer for about 10 minutes or until sauce has thickened.
- Stir in spinach, until wilted.
- Use a large spoon to make small wells in the sauce and crack the eggs into each well, being careful not to crowd eggs.
- Cover the skillet and cook for 5-8 minutes, or until the eggs are cooked to your liking.
- Season with more salt and pepper if desired and sprinkle with parsley, and diced avocado. Serve with toasted bread for scooping.
Join the conversation