- 1 large napa cabbage cut into 1.5 inch strips
- 1/4 cup kosher salt
- 1 cup daikon cut into match sticks
- 1 bunch green onion cut into 1 inch
- 1 carrot shredded
- 6 cloves garlic chopped fine
- 3 tablespoons ginger minced
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons miso paste
- 3 tablespoons korean chili flakes (Gochujang)
- 6 cups water
This is a fun easy one.
- In a deep bowl toss Napa and salt. Top with water and place a plate on top to keep everything covered.
Strain brine after 8 hours. (Keep the brine for later)
- Now toss cabbage with remaining ingredients place in a glass jar and top with brine. Do not screw lid on tight. The kimchi must breathe! Poke the kimchi with a chop stick every 24 hours to let the gas out.
- Leave in a dark place for 3 days. After 3 days you can place in fridge and your ready to go. Remember it gets stronger and it gets older.
This kimchi is awesome everywhere is like a super hero for your stomach. Try it in rice dishes, sandwiches or even a omelette.
Join the conversation