- 4 large sweet potatoes peeled and cubed
- 1 large onion diced
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 2 tsp minced ginger
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1 tsp fenugreek
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 3 green cardamom pods 1 black
- 1 15oz can lentils drained
- 1 15oz can tomatoes chopped
- 1 14oz can coconut milk
- 500ml low sodium vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 3 tbsp golden raisins
- 1 juice lemon
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 avocado
- 2 tsp grape seed oil
- In a large pot or dutch oven on medium heat add grape seed oil. Add cinnamon stick, green and black cardamom, sauté for one minute. Add onions and cook until golden brown approximately 10 minutes.
- Add ginger garlic and cook for one minute before adding all dry spices. If pan is becoming too dry add some water and scrape up bits on bottom of pot.
- Next add sweet potato, lentils, tomato, raisins and mix well.
- Add coconut, milk, stock and salt. Simmer for 30 minutes before serving.
- For rice bring a small pot to low-medium heat. Add oil and gently fry cumin seeds for 20-30 seconds until aromatic, add turmeric and 3 ¾ cups water. Bring to a boil and add rice.
- Immediately reduce heat to a low simmer, cover and cook for 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow to stand for a few minutes before serving with curry.
Join the conversation