- Prep a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Preheat oven to 325F.
- In a large sized sauce pan over medium heat add the margarine, coconut sugar and maple syrup, salt and za’atar.
- Cook the liquids for 2-3 minutes ensuring to stir often so it doesn’t burn.
- Carefully add in the flax seeds and mix well.
- Pour the heated mixture onto the parchment paper and place into the oven.
- Bake for 15 -20 minutes and ensure to watch so that it browns evenly and does not burn.
- Remove baking sheet from oven and let cool. Place in the refrigerator to fully harden approx. 1-2 hours and break into small pieces to eat!
- Enjoy with my Ginger hot toddy recipe!
Join the conversation