- 2 cups large flake oats
- 1 1/2 cups oat bran
- 1 cup whole grain barley flour
- 1 1/2 cups ground flaxseed
- 1/4 cup natural wheat germ
- 2 tbsp natural cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 cups dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 2 omega-3 eggs
- 128 mL strained baby food prunes
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 1/4 cups packed dark brown sugar
- 1 tbsp pure vanilla extract
- Make sure the rack is in the middle of the oven. Preheat to 375°F/190°C. Line a 9×13-inch pan with wet parchment paper, wring it out well, and shake off excess water.
- In a large bowl mix, together the dry ingredients: oat flakes, oat bran, barley flour, flax seed, wheat germ, cocoa powder and cinnamon using a wooden spoon.
- Add chocolate chips and cranberries and stir in well.
- In a medium bowl whisk, together the wet ingredients: eggs, baby food prunes, oil, brown sugar and pure vanilla extract until well blended.
- Add this to the dry ingredients and stir until it’s well combined.
- The batter is sticky so just plop it down into the prepared pan, spread it out and then either lightly press down with the back of the spoon or dampen hands and then lightly press down.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool in the pan for 5 minutes to set.
- Gently remove by holding onto the parchment paper and lifting it out of the pan. Place onto a cooling rack. Let cool completely and then cut into 24 bars, store in an airtight container for up to 1 week, or freeze individually for up to 3 months.
Protein 5.8 g
Carbohydrates 36.7 g
Fat 10.7 g
Fibre 6 g
Sodium 12 mg
Join the conversation