1 hr 10 min
Rest time 45 minutes
- In a medium bowl dissolve yeast and maple syrup, let rest for 6 minutes.
- Stir in butter, salt and flour to make a dough.
- Place dough on counter and knead for 5 minutes. Place in a bowl with olive oil and let rise in a warm area for 10 minutes.
- Cut dough into 4 pieces and roll into long ropes.
- Twist into pretzel shape and blanch in boiling baking soda water for 12 seconds. Yes 12.
- Remove, place on baking sheet and brush with egg wash and sprinkle with sea salt.
- Bake at 400F for 15-20 minutes or until golden.
- Remove and serve with your favourite cheese sauce.
Join the conversation