- The night before cook quinoa. Rinse quinoa in a fine wire strainer/colander under cold running water to rinse off any bitter resins. Place in a medium pot, add water, bring to the boil, cover, reduce heat to low and simmer for 12-15 minutes, remove from heat, and fluff with a fork and let sit for 10 minutes. After it is cooked, cool, place in a container with a lid and store in the fridge overnight.
- The day of make the salad. Wash and spin dry parsley and mint. You don’t want to have wet herbs or the salad will be soggy.
- Chop parsley into fine pieces (I like mine between a dice and a mince). Chop mint up a little bigger. Toss both herbs into the bowl.
- Add tomatoes and all the cooked quinoa and toss well.
- To make the dressing: Whisk together lemon juice and oil in a small bowl, pour over salad and toss well. Sprinkle with zest and toss. Serve.
Protein 5 g
Carbohydrates 22.8 g
Fat 8.5 g
Fibre 4 g
Sodium 25 mg
Join the conversation