- 2 tsp extra-virgin olive oil or canola oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 1/2 inch fresh ginger peeled and grated
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 1/2 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 1 can (19 oz) low sodium white kidney beans drained
- 1 can (14 1/2 oz) diced tomatoes no salt
- 1/2 cup red quinoa rinsed and drained
- 2 medium carrots cut in 1/4 inch slices
- 1/4 cup dried apricots sliced
- 2 medium zucchini cut into 1/4 length wise and 1/2 inch slices
- 1 cup chopped kale stems removed, leaves only
- 1 cup frozen peas no need to thaw
- 1/2 cup whole almonds chopped coarsely
- Heat a large stock pot over medium heat add oil, onion, ginger, garlic, curry powder, and cinnamon. Sauté 3-5 minutes or until the onions are soft.
- Add broth, chickpeas, tomatoes, quinoa, carrots and apricots. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and keep at a simmer, cook covered, for 15 minutes.
- Add zucchini and continue simmering covered for another 5-10 minutes or until the zucchini is soft but not mushy.
- Add kale and peas, heat until the kale has wilted and the peas are hot.
- Ladle into soup bowls and sprinkle with almonds.
Protein 10 g
Carbohydrates 36 g
Fat 7 g
Fibre 8 g
Sodium 584 mg
Join the conversation