- Heat oil in a large stove top pot at medium high.
- Cut beef into bite size pieces and gradually add to pot as you cut. Toss once until meat is nicely brown.
- Add garlic and pepper while meat Is browning.
- Sliver onion, chop celery and slice mushrooms in that order adding to pot as you cut.
- Rinse carrots and add to pot. Stir.
- Once onions have become caramelized, add stock. Simmer on low for approx. 15 minutes.
- Add the following to pot in this order: Canned tomatoes, brown beans, ketchup and whole potatoes rinsed and drained. It’s important that you don’t add the potatoes until the very end as they are already fully cooked so you don’t want them to start breaking up too much!
That’s it…simmer and eat!
For a more gourmet touch, serve in a large oven proof onion soup bowl, or over sized mug with a biscuit or browned mashed potatoes on top!
Join the conversation