If you’ve spent any amount of time scrolling through Instagram during this pandemic, chances are you’ve come across some very colourful, very trendy cookware! There’s been a surge of direct-to-consumer pots and pans that could have you on a wait list for months! But are they worth the hype? We tested the two most popular cookware pieces from Instagram to find out.
The Always Pan – $195
This gorgeous pan is made with exclusively non-toxic, nonstick ceramic coating. It has no potentially toxic materials like PFOAs, PTFEs, other PFAs, lead, cadmium, toxic metals, or nanoparticles. It’s supposed to replace up to eight items in your kitchen, including a sauté pan, skillet, saucepan and steamer!
- Lid stays cool enough to touch even when cooking
- Pour spouts to prevent spilling
- big enough for family-sized meals
- Handle is long and a bit awkward
- Very expensive for what it does.
This cookware is made from enameled cast iron in either a black matte or a glossy white finish. It claims to be designed for both newbies and pro chefs.
- Black look goes with any kitchen
- Feels more expensive than it is
- Large volume
- They offer a lifetime warranty
- Can’t wash with soap because of the enamel (use vinegar instead!)
- Limited colour palette
We’ve got to give the gold to the Milo Dutch Oven and Skillet! We hardly have anything to say about it, and the cheap price and lifetime warranty make it a real steal!
Join the conversation