We’re all in dire need of easy lunch ideas right now but easy doesn’t have to mean bland and boring. This salad has a crunchy and punchy flavour that not only celebrates the changing season but has tons of nutrition.
- First blanch the asparagus by bringing a medium pot of salted water to a boil.
- Add asparagus and cook for 1- 2 minutes, then remove with a slotted spoon. Either rinse in cold water or place in a bowl of ice water.
- Once completely cold, dry on a clean towel. Slice the stalks into 2 inch pieces, on the diagonal.
- In a medium mixing bowl whisk together all the dressing ingredients and set aside.
- In a large bowl add the asparagus, chickpeas, cabbage, carrots, radishes, cucumber, tomatoes, and peppers.
- Toss in the dressing, and season with salt and pepper (if desired).
- Place the salad in the fridge for an hour or until ready to enjoy.
- Top with cilantro, feta cheese or avocado if desired